Thursday 23 August 2012

The blues....

 Yesterday I was feeling very blue and not in a magical indigo way. 

I'm having to restrict how much I'm using my hands right now and I didn't even turn on my laptop yesterday but if I was to score the pain yesterday it would have been 9/9 for both hands and feet with a cheeky few scores of 7/10 for hips and 6/10 for arms...I couldn't even cry as I wasn't sure I would ever be able to stop.

BUT today I am kind of having a day off and as I'm not taking methotrexate any more it isn't even a pill day - hurrah! I plan to make some paper with the pulp that is sitting in the almost exhausted indigo vat. It may turn out so well that I offer paper-making workshops in the future at HH HQ, or it could just get messy!

The natural dyeing workshops have been really popular and I especially like the effects on this fleece, dyed with Golden Rod and then over-dyed with indigo. 

Magical!

Sometimes, just sometimes when the dyepots are bubbling away with excited onlookers waiting to see what shade they will get, or if I get a smile from someone who has just mastered a new technique I've been teaching them and they say 'wow! I've always wanted to do that' or 'what a brilliant idea'  I don't feel the pain, the stiffness goes away, I forget it all and that is magical! 

Hoping for a magical day and a not quite so messy one...x




No comments:

Post a Comment