Tuesday 28 August 2012

Birthday!

It was my birthday on Sunday so we kicked off with a lovely breakfast at Alder Carr Farm before setting up a picnic area with croquet at the Camping Land - brilliant day! Great company, food and fun! 
Feet 7/10 Hands 7/10, the cooler weather has helped a little.

It was great fun and a chick hatched on my birthday....but it wiped me out a little and yesterday I didn't really do much just a little bit of knitting and rested so that I can be ok for work today. Feet 9/10 Fella caught me wincing and frowning as I walked about - hands 8/10, the throbbing and pins and needles has stopped.

Big day tomorrow, knitting group and then hospital where I'm to be examined by two people to determine how bad the joint damage is and if I fit the criteria to try anti-tnf treatment. I have tried hard with the Methotrexate since last May and there has been definite twisting going on in my fingers and my feet are so misshapen, it's a wonder I can get any shoes on at all!

I also get to pick up my x-rays!

They make it pretty hard to get hold of these and all I wanted to do was sit and chat through any changes visible with my GP. So three forms of ID (one with photo) and a tenner will get me a disc, that took eight phone calls, one of which was to PALs (a patient liason service) as I was told three times that the images had been sent to my GP.....and they hadn't!

I wonder if there are any more chicks cheeping down at the allotment?

Happy Tuesday, one more day to go......x

No comments:

Post a Comment